So…it would appear that I have a few critics out there who don’t think journaling is anything other than dull and pointless!
This should make me mad but actually it just makes me sad. I have also attracted a few ‘followers’ who like to tell me that my positive outlook is fake!
First up I don’t need to FAKE positivity! This is not because my life is perfect and occupied by unicorns, rainbows and candy floss-it is because I turn any challenges into solutions pretty damn quickly. Stuff happens to all of us-I just have a bullet proof way of dealing with it and getting a good outcome-funnily enough I use DAILY JOURNALING!
Secondly-I get quite a bit of flack (oh thank you so much social media!) for talking about journaling – recently someone described it as boring and ‘just all that gratitude crap’ so to that person I say this….why not try it just for a couple of days and see if it helps you deal with your negative attitude (maybe swap it for a bit of gratitude?)
There are loads of ways that we can use a daily writing habit to help us, and even more things that we can write about every day-but getting started needs to be simple, quick and effective. That way we are guaranteed to see changes FAST!
If you have been thinking about starting a daily writing habit but have been feeling a bit overwhelmed and don’t really know where or how to start then I sympathise! A blank page or a new notebook can be exciting for some of us but totally overwhelming for everyone else-I mean WHERE do you start?!
Well you start with YOU! Here are a few tips to get you started:
- Morning pages-a very well known and well used writing exercise is to write freely for a few minutes in the morning. This helps you clear any blocks and gives you a great start to the day.
- Write a personal mission statement. What do you want to do next and why?
- Your evening review. Sum up your day by writing. Reflect on the day’s events and how you handled situations.
- Your curiosity. Each day write about one thing that you are curious about. What do you want to know and why?
- Your greatest achievement of the week. Show off a little!
- What can you do today to set yourself up for tomorrow? Write down your ideas.
Feel inspired or bored?!!!