It’s exam results time-we had A levels last week and this week it is the GCSE students who finally get to find out how they have done and what they will do next.
There is no doubt that this is a nerve wracking time for young people and their parents and our house has been no different. Hopes and dreams depend on these exam results but even if you do get the results that you wanted, what does happen next?
Whatever stage you are at in your life, establishing a daily writing practice will help you. Even if you don’t have a clear goal in mind when you start to write, by documenting your thoughts and feelings you will soon develop ideas and start to understand that designing a new life is possible.
In the same way that daily physical exercises and good nutrition can help you lead a healthy and energised life, a daily writing and goal setting exercise can help you to create goals and ideas that will create a life filled with abundance and purpose, enabling you to make a worthwhile contribution.
Here are five reasons how daily writing exercises can really help:
- Writing is THE BEST WAY to edit and curate your thoughts and ideas. Write them down, collect them and then use those notes to decide what needs to be edited/deleted or kept and collected as part of your goal setting.
- Writing gives you CLARITY around how you feel about each area of your life. By using pen and paper you can set an intention to make shifts wherever you need to.
- Writing our GOALS down helps them become real. Write down in detail what you want to achieve and why. Think about this because although you think you really want more money or time, what you REALLY want is what those things will provide for you-get excited about these things and the rest will follow.
- Writing dow each day what we are grateful for keeps us grounded, focussed and in a very positive mindset-all perfect conditions for attracting positive change.
- Writing down positive affirmations that really resonate with you will prompt you to stay on track and promote a positive vibration and energy which the universe will make sure come straight back to you!